The criminal justice system in the United States produces vast amounts of data on a daily basis. However, these data are rarely used by agencies beyond the tracking of individual cases. Measures for Justice has developed a system that leverages the data already collected by local agencies to assess the health of the criminal justice system at the county level. This webinar will discuss the importance of using data to identify problematic patterns that need correction as well as best practices that could be replicated.
Webinar attendees will learn about the essential aspects of turning data into action, including:
- Developing performance indicators to track goals,
- Identifying the type of data needed to populate performance indicators,
- Addressing issues of data access and quality,
- Best practices for data processing, and
- Communicating complex data in ways that are easy to understand by all stakeholders.