Most homicide and gun violence is far from random and can be analyzed, understood, and addressed at the local level. This session will set out:
- The key varieties of homicide and gun violence;
- The concentration of victimization and offending;
- How victimization and offending overlap;
- The key role of groups and networks
- The central role of police and other criminal justice agencies in understanding homicide and gun violence.
Webinars with this Speaker
- June 20: Understanding Homicide and Gun Violence (this webinar)
- July 6: Preventing Homicide and Gun Violence
Or click here to view and register for other upcoming ASEBP webinars on the JCH Platform.
This webinar is part of the JCH Summer School Program. From June 1-August 31, 2023, attendees will receive a certificate of attendance via email about one hour after the conclusion of a webinar.
Want to join us for other Summer School webinars? Check out our Summer School Calendar and register today!
The American Society of Evidence–Based Policing is a non-profit organization started by working police officers designed to drive the national conversation towards ensuring that the least harmful, most effective, fairest, and safest strategies are employed to prevent crime, reduce harm, and improve community wellness.