Every agency is excited to embrace a new group of leaders into the ranks of management but does your organization assess the skills of those in positions of authority? Individuals may receive training in leadership or employee supervision but what about classes that focus on the skills needed to be successful as a leader and agency proponent? Each command member or supervisor is assumed to have already gained all the abilities needed to be successful but what if those skills are not well developed or if individuals are promoted early in their careers? How does the agency support individual skill development?
This webinar was created to help agencies assess their abilities, determine training needs, and examine training opportunities targeted at skills development. Individuals seeking advancement will also be able to evaluate themselves to be better prepared when they enter leadership positions.
This webinar will:
- Discuss traits in leadership and identify baseline skills that are needed for successful leaders.
- Assess areas of skill development to determine current needs.
- Review practical options for training classes that will target skills development and implement strategies to evaluate the skills learned.
- Examine a skills development training day curriculum.
- Create a 3-year plan to develop and assess specialized skills in your agency
This webinar will be considered by the American Jail Association to equal one online learning hour toward certification and recertification for the following programs: Certified Jail Officer, Certified Jail Supervisor and Certified Jail Manager. For more information about AJA certification programs, visit https://www.americanjail.org/certification.