The Barrie Police Service undertook a randomized controlled trial to test focused deterrence strategies on IPV recidivism. Using enhanced monitoring techniques, such as compliance checks, the Barrie Police aimed to reduce habitual IPV recidivism for offenders who are released back into our community with bail conditions. During this webinar, we’ll discuss our findings, as well as:
- Undertaking randomized controlled trials in police settings
- Strategies to reduce IPV recidivism
- Implementation-based lessons learned from our study experience
Other Webinars with these Presenters
- Aug 4: Hot and Harm Spots in Barrie: Canadian Crime Severity Index for Effective Deployment
- Nov 8: Testing Focused Deterrence Strategies to Reduce Habitual IPV Recidivism (this webinar)
Or click here to view and register for other upcoming ASEBP webinars on the JCH Platform.
The American Society of Evidence–Based Policing is a non-profit organization started by working police officers designed to drive the national conversation towards ensuring that the least harmful, most effective, fairest, and safest strategies are employed to prevent crime, reduce harm, and improve community wellness.