The effective use of technologies can effectively offset low staffing and improve overall capabilities of law enforcement agencies. The Chula Vista (CA) Police Department has been nationally recognized for their game-changing Drone as a First Responder (DFR) program as well as other innovative uses of emerging technology that provide enhanced, yet cost-effective response capability. A key factor in CVPD’s successful deployment of technology is the out-of-the-box approach to law enforcement challenges and the fundamental principles of community engagement and transparency.
During this webinar, we will focus on Chula Vista Police Department’s successful “Innovation Initiative” and the different technologies developed and implemented in police operations.
We will also discuss:
- Smartphone as standard issue equipment for all sworn and many civilians (analysts, crime techs, parking and traffic enforcement, etc.)
- Drone as a First Responder (DFR)
- Live-streaming 911 calls – Faster response, more situational awareness
- “Green Wave” implemented via CAD (software only solution) for green light preemption
- MDC of the Future (DeX)
Other Webinars with this Presenter:
- March 3: Pre-Flight Checklist to a UAS Program: It’s Not about the Drones
- May 19: Reimagining Police Response: Finding Creative Solutions to Address Community Needs (this webinar)