You have done it! As you begin your travel up the organizational hierarchy what are your plans? This webinar will discuss the characteristics of a newly promoted front-line supervisor. Promotion can come with a lot of additional duties accompanied by ancillary sacrifices. Common issues for supervisors are discussed and how additional training opportunities can assist in decision-making and personal development. There is growing pressure to having a more educated police force and at times supervisor training can be difficult to obtain.
- Analyzation of the basic characteristics of newly selected law enforcement front line supervisors
- Discussion of common issues that may emerge during the first year after promotion
- How to have a fruitful and productive supervisory experience accompanied by a plan for the future
Other Webinars in this Series:
- March 10: The Future of De-Escalation Training for Law Enforcement
- March 31: How Should We Train Officers for Long-Term and Fulfilling Careers?
- June 9: Becoming a First-Line Supervisor: Characteristics, Training, and Challenges (this webinar)
A Partner Webinar is a sponsored webinar with an organization that provides products or services to the criminal justice industry.
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.
Vector Solutions is a leader in eLearning and performance support, providing award-winning SaaS solutions. The company delivers continuing education (CE), training, technology and performance management solutions to a broad range of industries including education, public safety, industrial, IT and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) sectors. Its brands include RedVector, TargetSolutions, and SafeSchools.