According to researchers, Toxic Work Culture is 10x more important than pay in predicting turnover. In an era of unprecedented staffing shortages across the industry, agencies must step up to improve those workplace factors that are within our control. Turnover due to toxic work culture is preventable.
Some unhappy employees describe workplaces that don’t promote diversity and inclusion, cutthroat environments, and failure to recognize employee performance. This session will discuss ways to improve employee engagement via Management by Committee, an inclusive leadership model that improves employee engagement and buy-in, and ideas for celebrating success without breaking your agency budget.
- Get involved in the industry
- Surround yourself with experts
- Arm your team with people not like you
- Recognize the wins—recognition is contagious
Other Webinars with this Speaker
- April 20: Responding to the Urban Jail in Crisis
- June 6: Boomers, Slackers, and Snowflakes: Building a Multi-Generational Leadership Team
- Aug 8: In Custody Deaths: Beyond Case Closed
- Oct 3: Management by Committee: How to Improve Engagement, Inclusivity, and Retention without Breaking Your Budget (this webinar)
- Jan 23, 2024: Building a Culture of Customer Service
- April 11, 2024: Staff Recognition for Budget-Conscious Agencies
- Aug 8, 2024: Creating Organizational Culture Change
The American Jail Association (AJA) is a national, nonprofit organization that supports the professionals who operate our Nation’s jails. It is the only national association that focuses exclusively on issues specific to the operations of local correctional facilities. The driving force behind the phenomenal growth of AJA is its members. AJA has taken a leadership role in developing the type of programs that promote the professional growth of the dedicated men and women who operate our Nation’s jails. Jail staff have the responsibility for the management of people who have been charged with violating our laws and often mock the ideals on which AJA was founded. Jail personnel find themselves sorely tested each day in the jail environment when they receive scorn and derision for their loyalty and perseverance under extremely trying circumstances. AJA takes this opportunity to salute the jail staff of the Nation who, by their dedication to the difficult task of local corrections, have made a vital, positive difference to the welfare of the communities they serve. Click here to learn more about AJA.