Animal cases can be very complicated and can overwhelm a small or rural law enforcement agency. This webinar is going to delve into the best investigation techniques on animal abuse and animal fighting cases. We will explore unique and large-scale animal cases and how to prepare for them. We will explore how to prosecute in a small or rural jurisdiction and how to convince conservative rural judges to take animal abuse cases seriously.
Webinars in this Series
- Feb 4: What ACO’s Need to Know about Puppy Mills
- April 29: Making the Call: Simple, Gross Neglect or Animal Cruelty?
- May 26: Animal Crimes: The Issues and Problems Facing Small, Rural and Tribal Law Enforcement
- Aug 25: Investigating and Prosecuting Animal Crimes in Small, Rural and Tribal Communities (this webinar)
- Sept 9: What ACO’s Need to Know about Exotics and the Law
Click here to view and register for other upcoming SRLEEA webinars on the JCH Platform.
The Small & Rural Law Enforcement Executives Association (SRLEEA) is the only 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated solely to supporting and promoting law enforcement executives and agencies that serve small, rural & tribal communities across America. SRLEEA is dedicated to the support and promotion of efficient law enforcement and to the protection and security of small, rural & tribal communities. Much of our work is through innovative law enforcement leadership and is done through the activities and special projects of a number of committees and through active liaison with various levels of government, departmental agencies, and other nonprofit associations. Our mission is simple – strengthen, unite and raise the capacity of small, rural & tribal law enforcement executives and their agencies.