The goal of this webinar is to provide professionals working in the justice system with tools to help them support and guide their clients through the multiple, complex interactions they face when moving through their legal process. We will discuss a simple and straightforward approach to teaching people appropriate and successful ways to interact that can be easily integrated into your day-to-day interactions. Participants will learn the basic steps to teaching social skills, hear multiple examples of the approach in applied settings, and have a chance to participate in practicing examples of the technique. Participants will also be given a tool to help them plan for and document their work.
By the end of the webinar, a participant should be able to:
- Identify the types of social skills struggles faced by individuals navigating the justice system
- Describe the specific steps to teach a social skill and follow those steps for skill common to your setting
- Recognize opportunities to teach those social skills during daily interactions with your clients and plan to do so systematically
Other Webinars with this Speaker
- Sept 23: Helping Clients Navigate the Justice System: Integrating Social Skills into Daily Interactions (this webinar)
- Nov 4: Case Studies in Law Enforcement Encounters with Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder