Can you walk in someone else’s shoes? How you relate to others can impact a situation’s outcome. This combination of social and emotional components work together and influence not only how well we utilize our skills of self-perception, self-expression, but also the way we build and maintain relationships, solve conflict, and manage stressful challenges.
During this webinar we will:
- Discuss the strongest of all de-escalation tools
- Examine Interpersonal Skills as a tool to resolve conflict
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy (this webinar)
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.
This webinar has been underwritten by Vector Solutions. Vector Solutions is a leader in eLearning and performance support, providing award-winning SaaS solutions. The company delivers continuing education (CE), training, technology and performance management solutions to a broad range of industries including education, public safety, industrial, IT and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) sectors. Its brands include RedVector, TargetSolutions, and SafeSchools.