How well do you perceive your own actions and behaviors impacts the way you treat others? During this session, we’ll discuss the importance of Self-Perception and Self-Awareness in the context of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, and how A wrong tactical move or a poor choice of communication can have an adverse impact on efforts to de-escalate.
During this webinar we will:
- Discuss how effective EQ brings these emotions, motives and drives into focus
- How we can work with and control only what we are aware of.
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness (this webinar)
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.