Public safety is fraught with stressful and tense situations. Your Emotional Intelligence can help you navigate these challenging situations effectively by capitalizing on your own flexibility, ability to tolerate and manage stress, and even your optimism.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- How to determine if you have multiple options to select from given your situation
- How to manage negative emotions during stressful times
- How to maintain your objectivity and ability to think reasonably during difficult situations
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility (this webinar)
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.