Can you walk in someone else’s shoes? How you relate to others can impact a situation’s outcome. This combination of social and emotional components work together and influence not only how well we utilize our skills of self-perception, self-expression, but also the way we build and maintain relationships, solve conflict, and manage stressful challenges.
During this webinar we will:
- Discuss the strongest of all de-escalation tools
- Examine Interpersonal Skills as a tool to resolve conflict
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy (this webinar)
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.