Emotionally intelligent people have the ability to not only show or express feelings – but also to understand other people’s feelings. Whether your partner has had a frustrating day, or you encounter a community citizen who is angry – how you choose to react can determine the outcome of the situation. You can opt for aggression, and match challenge with anger… or you can choose de-escalation.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- Emotionally intelligent ways of self-expression
- How effective and positive Self Expression can be used in a variety of situations
- How emotionally intelligent expression can shape the way you communicate and accomplish your goals.
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression (this webinar)
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.