Small and Rural Law Enforcement have many issues which are unique. Animal Crimes can present huge obstacles and can overwhelm a small or rural agency. Being presented with a hoarder who has 500 animals can leave an agency stumbling and overwhelmed. This webinar will present examples of animal issues and the best practices to handle them and emerge successfully. We will delve into the myriad of issues which these cases will present and give real-world solutions.
Webinars in this Series
- Feb 4: What ACO’s Need to Know about Puppy Mills
- April 29: Making the Call: Simple, Gross Neglect or Animal Cruelty?
- May 26: Animal Crimes: The Issues and Problems Facing Small, Rural and Tribal Law Enforcement (this webinar)
- Aug 25: Investigating and Prosecuting Animal Crimes in Small, Rural, and Tribal Communities
- Sept 9: What ACO’s Need to Know about Exotics and the Law
The Small & Rural Law Enforcement Executives Association (SRLEEA) is the only 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated solely to supporting and promoting law enforcement executives and agencies that serve small, rural & tribal communities across America. SRLEEA is dedicated to the support and promotion of efficient law enforcement and to the protection and security of small, rural & tribal communities. Much of our work is through innovative law enforcement leadership and is done through the activities and special projects of a number of committees and through active liaison with various levels of government, departmental agencies, and other nonprofit associations. Our mission is simple – strengthen, unite and raise the capacity of small, rural & tribal law enforcement executives and their agencies.