This webinar will outline the current services and responses available when it comes to serving older survivors of sexual violence. During the training, the attendees will :
- Review the dynamics and of sexual violence specifically, as it relates to older adults
- Examine the effects of rape culture throughout a person’s life and
- Analyze the different barriers older adults may face when receiving services
This training is appropriate for all responders working with sexual assault victims (e.g. victim service providers, criminal justice professionals).
Webinars in this Series
- July 29: Part 1 – Across the Lifespan: Serving Older Survivors of Sexual Assault (this webinar)
- Sept 29: Part 2 – Across the Lifespan: Serving Older Survivors of Sexual Assault
This webinar was pre-approved for 1 CEU credit by the National Advocate Credentialing Program (NACP)® and the DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP). Founded in 1975, the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) is the oldest national victim assistance organization of its type in the United States and is the recognized leader in victim advocacy, education and credentialing. To learn more about NOVA, visit trynova.org.