The KDOC Office of Victim of Services Batterer Intervention Program (BIP) provides programming to inmates and parolees who are identified as domestic violence offenders. In collaboration, KDOC BIP coordinates a response to address domestic violence behavior by meeting the offender’s rehabilitation needs for successful supervision and increasing victim/partner safety. This webinar will provide an overview of facility and parole BIP services, help identify the stakeholders for the most effective collaboration and provide an inside lens to offender accountability.
During this session, we will:
- Explore the practice of tailored accountability based on an offender’s motivation for using violence.
- Identify victim advocacy support specific to domestic violence offenders’ victims and partners.
- Provide an inside look into a BIP group session with incarcerated domestic violence offenders.
This is the final part of a three-part series:
- Part 1: A Proactive Response to Domestic Violence: Understanding & Identifying Incarcerated Batterers
- Sept 23: A Proactive Response to Domestic Violence: Addressing Victim Safety and Offender Accountability
- Jan 12, 2021: A Proactive Response to Domestic Violence: Collaboration in Facility and Parole-Based Batterer Intervention Programming (this webinar)