From the minute you step into the puppy mill, it is important to capture the images and the cacophony of the living conditions. Large Scale seizures all have the same thing in common; numerous animals. How to document the scene at a puppy mill to make sure you tell the story. As a prosecutor, how do you make it come alive for the judge or jury. There will be tips on how to make the story come alive in Court and making sure you don’t lost your case. Innovative strategies to bring the puppy mill owner to justice will be explored.
Other Upcoming Webinars with this Speaker include:
- Feb 4: What ACO’s Need to Know about Puppy Mills (this webinar)
- April 29: Making the Call: Simple, Gross Neglect or Animal Cruelty?
- Sept 9: What ACO’s Need to Know about Exotics and the Law
- “Lots of good information on how to best document cases and bring evidence.” — Amber
- “The definitions, things to look for, and extremely helpful photos. All in all, great and very informative webinar.” — Alanna
- “I learned a lot about pet shops in particular and all the ways they can be sneaky and hide evidence of animal cruelty. I also learned what exactly to look for and what to do when/if I find evidence against pet shops or puppy mills. Overall the webinar was very informational and I look forward to the next one.” — Amanda
- “I loved it when Michelle defined probable cause and definite evidence. I never thought to use my smelly clothing as evidence. I also would like to invest in an ammonia monitor now.” — Julie
- “Insight into the laws of other jurisdictions which appear to provide stronger protections for animals than what currently in place in my jurisdiction.” — Sabrina
- “The importance of photos and videos for documentation.” — Lee