Learn how Maricopa County Adult Probation Department (MCAPD) successfully expanded its implementation of Thinking for a Change (a cognitive behavioral intervention program with the NIC) through collaboration with external treatment providers who utilized Medicaid to pay for services. This webinar will focus on how they were able to implement evidence-based practices with fidelity, integrity, and continued quality improvement.
The webinar will cover:
- implementation challenges and the strategies used to overcome them
- key challenges include getting stakeholder buy-in across all participating agencies
- generating probation officer referrals
- and sustaining BJA Smart Supervision grant funding.
- “Definitely found out that T4C can be done via online. That is awesome, I think that would be a great opportunity for people to sit in their own homes with their electronic devices and participate in this program. Due to a lot of people not having private insurance, interesting that they have a 3rd party biller for the cost.” — Anita
- “It was interesting to hear the process it took the implement this program and then to hear the positive results that they have seen. Always interested in more webinars on mental health.” — Cassie
- “Thank you for the information-great to hear how things are going with others.” — Dolores
- “Loved the handouts that were provided.” — Kristy
- “This component provided a different perspective in interacting with my probation population. Thank You.” — Karimm
- “That referring, entering and completing T4C decreased incarceration rates compared to a comparison group. This gives me confidence in the effectiveness of the intervention.” — Lynne
- “I enjoyed Thinking for a Change and it is great that our agency is moving more towards cognitive behavior programs as we deal with our people under supervision. Looking forward to more trainings in this area.” — Stacey