Dr. McDougall will discuss his experience with numerous law enforcement agencies and school boards who have implemented school guardian programs. Although the popularity of these programs continues to grow, they remain highly debated and controversial. Dr. McDougall will present the pros and cons of these programs. Special attention will be placed on the psychological components of the programs which range from the pre-training psychological screenings to the emotional and psychological challenges of the program participants.
- “Learning about the extensive training that is required for individuals to become school guardians. And also learning more about the pros and cons of this program.” — Amber
- “Reasons why and why not to have a school guardian program. Thank you for your expertise.” — Roseann
- “Thank you, great information. I always appreciated all the learning.” — Maria
- “I really enjoyed hearing about the different programs that are being used to protect our children. I really feel that these programs are beneficial.” — Brittany
- “Presenting the pros and cons in addition to qualifications (general as well as best practices) was helpful.” — Carrie
- “So many Pros and Cons to School Guardianship Programs. Loved that he presented them all instead of just picking one side and pushing his opinion and not exposing the other side.” — Jason
- “Excellent topic. Speaker has excellent knowledge of the subject. This is a tough topic for communities.” — Robert