Register to attend this special webinar presentation with Dr. Damon Ing, retired Law Enforcement Officer and Lead Coordinator of the Tarrant County College Law Enforcement Academy in Fort Worth, Texas. This presentation will discuss the complex concept of de-escalation training in modern police departments. Dr. Ing will highlight where de-escalation training is headed and how it can help officers understand alternatives to an immediate gravitation to the use of force. This can, in turn, reduce department liability, increase officer knowledge and understanding of human interaction, and result in a safer community as a whole.
Attend this webinar with Dr. Ing to explore the following:
- How de-escalation training can fit into the department’s budget and overall strategic planning
- Possible ways of implementing a de-escalation program in your department
- Discuss and network with law enforcement professional and ask questions pertaining to de-escalation training
Other Webinars in this Series:
- The Future of De-Escalation Training for Law Enforcement (this webinar)
- How Should We Train Officers for Long-Term and Fulfilling Careers?
- June 9: Becoming a First-Line Supervisor: Characteristics, Training, and Challenges
- Aug 4: Is Your Training Program Up to Par? Investment in Your Training Program to Produce the Best Results
Resources and Handouts
- A Total Training, Workforce and Asset Management Solution
- Reading List
- What States Require De-Escalation Training?
- “Hearing the commonalities among the attendees relating to the lack of additional training in de-escalation techniques.” — Paul
- “Very knowledgeable speaker. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. Need integrated approach to de-escalation. Thank you for the information to access assistance and research this topic for training purposes.” — Roseann
- “Great info provided. De-escalation has worked for me as a probation officer adult/juveniles.” — Christopher
- “We are in the middle of building our de-escalation training. As the Academy Commander, this was beneficial for me and my staff. We could use more topics related to de-escalation, and non-lethal weapons use in LEO departments.” — Dawn
- “Hearing about what other sites are doing. We work with agencies across the country and this information will help us provide them with more resources.” — Hope
- “I liked that the information seemed to be more than just “one size fits all”. The instructor really acknowledged the differences amongst agencies.” — Jenifer
- “The statistics on the training percentages were eye-opening.” — Jodi
- “I really appreciated his candid answers from law enforcements perspective — &I felt they were balanced between the importance of safety of the officer (often left out too much in the courtroom of popular opinion) versus community effectiveness.” –Marcey