In recent years, sharp criticism and scrutiny have occurred on high-profile use-of-force cases by the police. Law enforcement is asked to reimagine police response to reduce the incidents of force and mitigate violent confrontations with the community. The critical goal of every law enforcement interaction with the community is to have voluntary compliance and when this does not occur, to de-escalate the situation as quickly as possible while using minimal force. Communication and real-time intelligence are key components for achieving a successful outcome.
This webinar will cover how police agencies across the country are using drones and other technologies to contact individuals for conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and real-time intelligence to defuse tense situations while keeping First Responders and the community safe. This webinar will help you:
- Identify new response techniques for tense situations
- Examine how drones are being used for situational awareness and communication
- Recognize new techniques utilizing technology to de-escalate situations and obtain compliance
Webinars with this Presenter
- Nov 16: Partner Webinar: De-Escalation Techniques – How Law Enforcement is Utilizing Technology in Their Tactical Response (this webinar)
- March 14: Avoiding Ethical Landmines
Click here to view and register for other upcoming Law Enforcement webinars on the JCH Platform.
A Partner Webinar is a sponsored webinar with an organization that provides products or services to the criminal justice industry.
Resources and Handouts
- Handout: De-Escalation: Guidelines for How to Begin Evaluating Your Agency’s De-Escalation Practices
- Handout: De-Escalation Strategies and Techniques for California Law Enforcement
- “That ball recorder is something I think our area’s SRT could use.” — Amity
- “The most valuable thing that I’ve learned is how technological advances such as drones play a significant role in the safety of officers, hostages, and suspects as well. I can certainly see how using drones can help in the de-escalation process.” — JAMIE
- “Technology is ever-changing, and I was glad to see some recent innovations that will help save lives.” — Jason
- “Extremely informative.” — Reyes
- “How the new technology is used, real examples including video usage clips.” — Maureen
BRINC is an American technology company set on developing and deploying technology in the service of public safety. Conceived after the tragic mass shooting in 2017 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, BRINC is dedicated to deploying drone and other technologies that save lives.
Officially founded in early 2021, BRINC has since introduced the LEMUR S drone system, deployed by over 250 public safety agencies globally, and has grown to over 100 employees. Operating out of Las Vegas and Seattle, all BRINC products are developed in-house and built in the USA.