Law enforcement officers have felt the frustration of trying to achieve the next level within their careers. The steps in getting to that next level can be murky and exhausting, depending on whom you talk to. What is needed is a pathway to ascension and an understanding of the actions that need to be executed to build a foundation of success. This webinar will highlight the nine themes derived from a doctoral study that explored women in federal law enforcement ascending to leadership roles and the perceptions of the influence of leadership traits, peer-to-peer mentoring, and resiliency on the ascension. The principles presented during this workshop are based on 30 years of law enforcement experience and a doctoral study conducted by the presenter. The webinar will outline steps that law enforcement officers can take to position themselves or the officers they lead to serve as better law enforcement personnel and prepare them for future leadership roles.
Resources and Handouts
- Handout: Leadership Styles
- Video 1: Under Armour Lindsey Vonn
- Video 2: Yoann Bourgeois Performance
- Book Referenced: Stewardship: Choosing Service over Self Interest by Peter Block
- Book Referenced: Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Bradberry, Greaves and Lencioni
- Book Referenced: Dare to Lead: Brave Work, Tough Conversations, Whole Hearts by Brene Brown
- Book Referenced: Disruptive Thinking: A Daring Strategy to Change How We Live, Lead and Love by TD Jakes
- Book Referenced: Leadershift: The 11 Essential Changes Every Leader Must Embrace by John Maxwell
- Book Referenced: Leading Lightly: Lower Your Stress, Think with Clarity, and Lead with Ease by Jody Michael
- Book Referenced: Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Book Referenced: Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- “EXCELLENT speaker, presentation, topic.” — Corinna
- “ABSOLUTELY P O W E R F U L!!!” — Francisca
- “The identification of the “comfort zone” in thwarting an individual’s drive/need to further their goals/interests. Dr. Glover’s approach/research shares that it’s not “just me” who encounters these situations but rather most of us have a tendency to stand in our own way.” — Judith
- “The subject matter was very well presented.” — James
- “Great, sincere leadership lessons and experience shared! Thanks, Rhonda!” — Joshua
- “Excellent presentation. All Leadership Courses are a Big PLUS.” — Robert
- “Tapping into my self-confidence to take the next step in becoming a leader. I really needed this webinar today as I have been contemplating a lead role in my unit, but I have been worried about what other people will think when they find out I applied. I am not the best, but I think I could be effective.” — Stephanie
- “Great presentation on leadership, mentoring and training staff. This is a must to be successful.” — Travis
- “Dr. Reese’s presentation and motivation to focus on what we desire for our career goals was much needed. AWESOME Presentation!!! Thank You.” — Vivian
This webinar is part of the JCH Summer School Program. From June 1-August 31, 2023, attendees will receive a certificate of attendance via email about one hour after the conclusion of a webinar.
Want to join us for other Summer School webinars? Check out our Summer School Calendar and register today!