Our world is now heavily dependent on technology, and it is no different when it comes to emergency response. When it comes to public safety, leveraging the latest technology to improve processes and enhance service quality is always a good idea.
Michael Fletcher and Daniel Dubief from Cradlepoint joins this Justice Clearinghouse session to talk about wireless LTE networking solutions particularly during emergencies. Michael is Cradlepoint’s Public Sector/Public Safety Manager, with more than 20 years’ experience as a first responder. Meanwhile, Daniel is the Corporate Solutions Engineer in charge of the implementation of and education on Cradlepoint technologies to public safety agencies.
Points they discussed in this session are:
- The various types of incidents that require rapid response and the importance of communication and real-time information in these.
- How Cradlepoint’s…
- Technology provides mission-critical in-vehicle connectivity that improves communication, response time, efficiency, and safety.
- LTE cellular connectivity bridges gaps in communication and seamlessly integrates systems for enhanced information-sharing.
- Features securely connect facilities, vehicles, and other infrastructures as needed and utilized within a community.
- Connectivity maximizes video and camera systems to perform public safety functions like surveillance, traffic monitoring, search and rescues, and investigation, among others.
- The different agencies that LTE network solutions can provide connectivity for while maintaining network security.
- A glimpse into how Nevada Highway Patrol utilized Cradlepoint LTE solutions for their agency by integrating multiple systems and an incident where the capabilities of the technology saved the life of one of their responders.
- A primer on the different technologies being utilized for connectivity, its capabilities, and the improvements that come with each new one.
- Cradlepoint’s pioneering status when it comes to providing ruggedized, enterprise-grade LTE cellular technology.
- Cradlepoint’s FirstConnect program that provides grant assistance, online training, priority support, and referrals for installations.
- How Cradlepoint gives back to the community that they serve through their charity work.
- Cradlepoint’s critical role in stemming COVID-19 as agencies utilize Cradlepoint technology to set up pop-up facilities that provide quick response to those affected by the pandemic.
Topics raised during the Q&A were on:
- Terminologies and jargon used.
- Compressing data for CCTV networks.
- Agencies that use LTE to stream body-worn camera footage.
- Network management and security concerns.
- Pros and cons of using 5G technology for the public sector.
Resources and Handouts
- New Jersey Police Department Case Study
- Boise Police Department Case Study
- Pike County/City of Troy Case Study
- Nevada Highway Patrol Case Study
- Renfrew County/Drones
- Disaster Recovery
- CJIS Compliance
- IT Buyers Guide
- USB vs Embedded LTE Modems
- What FirstNet Means to First Responders
- Infographic: Your Pathway to 5G
- “The question and answer section helped with the sharing of information.” — Judy
- “I was excited to see how well the response is handled to keep the community safe as well as the officials providing the safety. Many things I was not aware of in quick response. Thanks.” — Marlene
- “Great webinar. LTE and 5 g technologies are important if not essential tools in-law enforcement practice currently and I the future. In light of this pandemic and the implementation of social distancing law enforcement definitely needs to get the latest tech out there to be able to effectively and efficiently carry out their duties.” — Marie