New technology that securely livestreams 911 emergency calls directly to officers in the field is making an impact on the public safety of communities across the country. With Live911 software, patrol officers can monitor incoming 911 calls in real-time for their immediate area. The software allows first responders to hear the caller’s urgency and small details that may not be entered into the CAD system as well as identify on a map the caller’s precise location prior to the call for service being dispatched.
The current national conversation is focusing on how officers can make better decisions and improve de-escalation skills. Live911 is a law enforcement’s potential game-changer for responding to 911 calls.
Join, retired Captain Fritz Reber, Captain Greg Goreck, and Lieutenant Don Redmond to discuss:
- A history of incidents where this technology may have been useful
- How this technology was imagined, created, and tested
- Live911 deployments benefiting sheriff’s offices and police departments
- Real-world examples of reduced response times and increased situational awareness
- “It was nice to see and hear about this new tech and to hear the testimonials of those using the technology.” — David
- “It was great to hear the positive aspects this technology can bring to officers on patrol.” — Diana
- “Good technology for law enforcement to help the community and keep officers safe.” — Dan
- “I found the response from the officers very beneficial. Being able to hear the caller’s urgency or lack of extremely helpful. .. Also that the officers could understand our dilemma in obtaining the details and being accurate…..a lot of very good information. Thank you.” — Jenny
- “Great presentation on, Livestream 911 Calls Directly to First Responders for Improved Situational Awareness and Faster Response Times” — Tangela