In this session, participants will gain a better understanding of courageous leadership and develop strategies to improve their overall leadership capacity. Topics will include developing courage, the importance of mindset on leader development, how failure shapes our leadership experiences and more. Numerous case studies will be examined.
The Virtus/JCH Leadership Seminar Series is an eight-part series of one-hour webinars that teaches Justice Professionals how to achieve the career and professional success they desire by mastering key leadership concepts. This powerful series on Leadership will look at leadership as a culture rather than a class or series of classes you attend. Topics will include Courage as a form of leadership, emotional intelligence as a tool for growing people and effective feedback to move our organizations forward. In addition to live webinar classes, we’ll be talking with noted leaders about their experiences in managing critical events and leading teams in extraordinary times.
- Lt. Brian Murphy (ret.) who was shot 15 times during the Sikh Temple Shooting in Oak Creek, WI
- Superintendent-in-Chief Dan Linskey (ret.) Incident Commander during the Boston Marathon Bombing
- Chief Randy Watt of the Ogden, UT Police Department and retired special forces commander
By the end of seminar series, students will have:
- developed their own working definition of leadership
- been challenged to examine their own strengths and weaknesses in leading
- developed a working “leadership profile”
- examined case studies of exemplary leaders
If you are interested in watching any of these recordings or attending the live sessions, please contact us through the Seminar Landing Page.