Several years have passed since COVID-19, and rates of burnout across every single helping profession (legal, education, child welfare, mental health, medical, etc.) come to a single, sobering conclusion: burnout is ubiquitous and not showing any signs of slowing down.
The evidence-informed practice of CE-CERT (Components for Enhancing Career Engagement and Reducing Trauma) has been implemented across all the previously mentioned disciplines in the US from coast to coast with promising impact.
A core component of this model, Conscious Narrative, will be taken and applied to this problem. Specifically, the presenter will give examples not only from staff across multiple disciplines as to how they went from “career-defeating” narratives to “career-sustaining” narratives, but he will also give the personal application he implemented at the height of the pandemic and into the present.
Other Webinars with this Speaker
- Feb 22: Building and Maintaining Career Sustaining Narratives in the Face of Burnout (this webinar)
- June 18: The Last Solution to the Problem: Children, Self-Harm, Suicide and Trauma
Resources and Handouts
- Video Shown: Three Happiness Myths
- Book Referenced: Reducing Secondary Traumatic Stress by Brian C Miller
- Book Referenced: Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self while Caring for Others by Laura van Dernoot Lipsky
- Book Referenced: Learned Hopefulness by Dan Tomasulo
- Book Referenced: Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman
- Book Referenced: The Age of Overwhelm by Laura van Dernoot Lipsky
- “This is one of the best, if not the best, seminars I have taken. The instructor’s firsthand experience was so beneficial to hear. I also enjoyed the fact that they were able to use humor to get their point across.”
- “One of the best webinars I’ve attended! There was lots of relatability and great knowledge!”
- “The Jimmy Stewart exercise was powerful and impactful. Though it was all really thought-provoking.”
- “GREAT webinar – introduced many new resources to me that I will add to my toolbox!”
- “The webinar was very specific in ways to decrease burnout, and how to rejuvenate oneself.
- Excellent presenter! Very engaging and knowledgeable!”
- “Dr. Michael, you kept me engaged and opened my mind to the narrative I tell myself. This training came at the exact right moment as I am really struggling with negative self-talk in the narrative I tell myself. THANK YOU! You are an exceptional teacher, keep up the good work!!”
- “Dr. Gomez is fantastic. Thank you for having him on.”
- “I loved this webinar, the trainer was very attentive and did a great job!”
- “I really enjoyed this presentation. Very insightful information. Engaging presenter.”
- “Great presentation. Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing your stories.”
This webinar has been pre-approved by the Maine Animal Welfare Program for 1 Continuing Education Unit in Core 4 (Officer Wellness & Mental Health Awareness) for the State of Maine’s ACO annual training. You can find more information about Certification, required annual training or submitting materials for credit at Maine’s Animal Control Officer Resource Page.